The CDC recently admitted that this year’s flu shot likely won’t protect you from the flu, but did it ever? Though the CDC has issued a formal apology regarding the issue for this season, flu vaccinations have long been seen as ineffective by a horde of experts. But don’t worry – here you will find more than 20 natural flu remedies using natural antivirals.
No surprise here, but there won’t be any refund for insurance companies or patients who have already taken a flu vaccination early as preparation for the 2015 flu season in January and February, despite the CDC’s admission of its inefficacy.
At the end of its apology, though, the CDC says that there is a ‘cure’ for the flu, but it will cost you. GlaxoSmithKline and Roche will happily provide you with two anti-viral medications for patients who come down with the flu. So even if you don’t want to get the flu shot due to it being ineffective, Big Pharma will still gladly handle your case.
Interestingly, the flu shot may never really be protecting you, as since there is no single virus that causes the flu, and therefore there is no one flu vaccine that protects against all of them. A virus mutates over time. It adapts. If a vaccine is created to kill one type of virus, it can mutate into another organism, specifically adapted to withstand the ‘medicine’ that was created to kill it. Biotech has simply attempted to come up with a one-dose, all-purpose vaccine that will kill every virus.
If it were truly possible to kill all viruses, none would be left on the planet. Just like humans, viruses can make mistakes in the copying of RNA or DNA, and these small mistakes can be repeated into new strains. When these mutations don’t kill the organism, they replicate, making new progeny with the ‘mistake’ coding. This is why people are usually susceptible to disease – except there’s a catch.
Innate human immunity works with this world of strange and ever-changing viruses and microbes. It is only when our natural immunity is weakened or disturbed that the body is more likely to get the flu, or any other virus, as well as common invaders like fungi, various parasites including worms, and amoeba, and other single-celled protozoans.
We have both external protections and internal ones. A variety of enzymes contained in tears, sweat, and mucus in the digestive, respiratory, and reproductive tracts will neutralize potential invaders (that is unless they are altered by substances like glyphosate or vaccinations). Internally the phagocytes, or white blood cells, will surround the bodily invaders when our immunity is working properly.
Finally, we have good microbes in our gut that work to crowd out the bad ones, and make it hard for them to live in our body. When our internal bacteria is imbalanced, we become a host for parasites or viruses.
We don’t need another ineffective flu shot, a virus vaccine created by biotech, or another dose of carcinogenic chemicals created by Big Pharma. We just need to nurture our innate immunity with good habits like taking probiotics supplements and supporting immunity through natural means.
21 Natural Flu Remedies (Natural Antivirals)
Here are 21 natural anti-virals and natural flu remedies that do the trick better than any super drug developed by GlaxoSmithKline ever could. Why doesn’t the CDC ever talk about these methods?
- 1. Colloidal Silver – This stuff is so powerful it has even been able to kill HIV strains. It is also anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- 2. Lomatium Dissectum – Lomatium is the “secret” anti-influenza herb that very few people know about. The root’s anti-viral action is combined with a respiratory clearing action that’s especially useful for dealing with the secondary infections caused by many strains of influenza.
- 3. Zinc – Zinc salts have been shown to be very effective in fighting viruses.
- 4. Green Tea – This super food, which is the least processed of all teas, has numerous health benefits; fighting viruses is among them. It has been used as an anti-viral remedy for centuries.
- 5. Lemon Balm – This anti-viral is effective against herpes viruses and many others.
- 6. Elderberry – This amazing berry can treat wounds, reduce nasal congestion, and effectively fight against colds and flu.
- 7. Olive Leaf – The ancient Egyptians considered the olive tree a symbol of heavenly power because it is a powerful immune-booster. It abounds with potent phytochemicals and powerful antioxidants that will protect you against the flu.
- 8. Pau D’ Arco – Pau d’Arco is effective in part through its lapacho compound – inactivating, slowing, inhibiting, killing, or stunting viruses. Viruses including: herpes virus (herpes simplex), polio virus, vesicular stomatitis virus, avian myeloblastosis virus, rauscher murine leukemia virus, human immunodeficiency virus, the flu virus, and many more.
- 9. Liquorice – A wonderful antiviral agent, liquorice even heals chicken pox and shingles.
- 10. Garlic – Garlic is an amazingly healthful food that can protect against, colds, the flu, and much, much more. Check out other health benefits of garlic here.
- 11. Echinacea – Extracts from 8 different Echinacea varieties have proven to have anti-viral properties.
- 12. St. John’s Wort – Not only can this herb boost your mood, it is also antibacterial and antiviral.
- 13. Vitamin D – Another great vitamin to keep in your medicine cabinet, vitamin D protects against multiple viruses while preventing seasonal depressive disorder – also common during flu season.
- 14. Vitamin C – The University of Michigan says vitamin C is a powerful anti-viral.
- 15. Probiotics – Your body contains ten times more bacteria then cells. Most of them, optimally 85%, should be friendly flora. Friendly bacteria not only attack pathogenic bacteria and fungi,they also trigger appropriate white cell reactions to invaders, and they influence your mental/emotional state. It’s estimated that eighty percent of your 100 trillion bacteria are located in the gut’s flora.
- 16. Barley or Wheat Grass – Both of these grasses are best juiced. Wheatgrass juice is the nectar of rejuvenation, the plasma of youth, and has been called the blood of all life since it most resembles healthy human blood. Barley grass is also a natural antiviral that has been used for centuries with similar qualities. They both cleanse the lymph system, and boost immunity, too.
- 17. Ginger – We’ve been talking about the benefits of ginger at Natural Society for a long time. The root contains over 14 bio-active compounds to help kill disease.
- 18. Shiitake mushrooms – Not only does these little fungi slow cancerous tumor growth, but they are great at killing viruses and bad bacteria of all kinds.
- 19. Cat’s Claw – This herb boosts total immunity and the natural immune defense of the body. It grows in the Amazon, though fortunately you can get it at your local health food store.
- 20. Astragalus – Another ancient herb for healing, astragalus doubles the survival rate for cancer patients and fights numerous diseases.
- 21. Quality Sleep – Lack of sleep makes you more prone to diseases. Even a few nights of good rest can make your impervious to a cold or the flu.
Sorry CDC, we aren’t buying more Big Pharma meds. We’ve got our own natural flu remedies in our natural antiviral arsenal. Here are 9 more ways to boost your immune system.